10 Easy and Delicious Recipes for Busy Weeknights
1. One-Pot Chicken and Rice: This easy dish is a great way to get dinner on the table quickly. Start by sautéing some diced onion and garlic in a large pot with some olive oil. Add chicken breasts, diced carrots, celery, and uncooked long grain rice. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil before reducing heat to low and simmering for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
2. Baked Salmon with Roasted Vegetables: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then top each fillet with lemon slices if desired. Arrange vegetables such as broccoli florets, bell peppers, zucchini slices or cherry tomatoes around the salmon on the baking sheet then drizzle them lightly with olive oil as well before seasoning them lightly with salt and pepper too. Bake for 15-20 minutes until salmon is cooked through and vegetables are tender-crisp.
3. Sheet Pan Fajitas: Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Place sliced bell peppers (red/yellow/green) onto one side of a large rimmed baking sheet while thinly sliced onions go onto the other side of the pan; season both sides generously with chili powder, cumin powder, garlic powder & paprika; add some salt & pepper too if desired; drizzle everything lightly but evenly over both sides of the pan using olive oil or avocado oil; bake for 15 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp then remove from oven & set aside while you prepare your protein source such as shrimp or chicken strips which can be added directly onto same baking sheet after removing roasted veggies from it; season protein source generously using same spices used earlier for veggies & drizzle lightly over everything again using same type of oil used earlier before returning entire pan back into preheated oven & bake for another 10 minutes until protein source is cooked through completely; serve warm fajitas directly from baking sheet along side warm tortillas & favorite toppings like guacamole/sour cream/salsa etc…
4. Quick Pasta Primavera: Cook pasta according to package instructions in salted boiling water until al dente then drain well & set aside while you prepare sauce by heating up some butter in large skillet over medium heat before adding minced garlic followed by diced carrots & zucchini slices which should be sautéed together briefly just until they start becoming tender-crisp (about 3-4 mins); pour in heavy cream followed by grated Parmesan cheese stirring constantly so that everything combines together nicely into creamy sauce consistency which should take about 2 mins max.; add drained pasta back into skillet along side freshly chopped parsley leaves stirring gently so that all ingredients combine together evenly without breaking apart any pieces of pasta noodles; cook everything together just long enough so that sauce coats all ingredients nicely without becoming overly thickened (about 1 min max.) Serve warm primavera topped off w/ extra Parmesan cheese if desired…
5 .Vegetarian Chili: Heat up some vegetable broth in large pot over medium heat before adding diced onion followed by minced garlic cooking both ingredients briefly just until they start becoming fragrant (about 2 mins); add canned black beans along side canned kidney beans stirring gently
5 Healthy Recipes to Try from Simply Recipes
1. Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa: This healthy and delicious dish is a great way to get your daily dose of omega-3 fatty acids. Start by marinating the salmon in olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice for at least 30 minutes before grilling it over medium heat. Meanwhile, prepare the avocado salsa by combining diced avocados, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt in a bowl. Serve the grilled salmon with a generous helping of avocado salsa on top for an easy yet nutritious meal.
2. Quinoa Salad with Roasted Vegetables: This hearty salad is packed full of protein and fiber from quinoa as well as vitamins from roasted vegetables like bell peppers and zucchini. Begin by cooking the quinoa according to package instructions then set aside to cool while you roast your vegetables in olive oil until they are tender-crisp. Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl along with some feta cheese or other desired toppings for an easy lunch or dinner option that’s sure to please everyone!
3. Baked Sweet Potato Fries: These oven-baked fries are a healthier alternative to traditional French fries without sacrificing any flavor! Start by cutting sweet potatoes into thin strips then toss them in olive oil before baking them at 425 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown (about 20 minutes). Sprinkle some sea salt on top for extra flavor if desired!
4. Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Sauce: This light yet flavorful dish is perfect for those looking to cut down on their carb intake without sacrificing taste! Begin by spiralizing zucchini into noodles then sautéing them over medium heat until just tender (about 5 minutes). Meanwhile prepare pesto sauce using fresh basil leaves blended together with garlic cloves, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese and olive oil until smooth consistency is achieved; combine pesto sauce with cooked zucchini noodles before serving warm or cold depending on preference!
5. Greek Yogurt Parfait: A simple yet satisfying breakfast option that’s sure to keep you full throughout the morning hours! Layer plain Greek yogurt into individual glasses along with fresh fruit such as blueberries or strawberries; top off each parfait glass with granola or chopped nuts for added crunchiness if desired!
How to Make the Perfect Pie Crust with Simply Recipes
Making the perfect pie crust can be a daunting task, but with the right ingredients and technique, you can create a delicious and flaky crust that will make your pies stand out. Here are some tips from Simply Recipes on how to make the perfect pie crust.
First, start with cold butter or shortening. Cut it into small cubes and place it in the freezer for 15 minutes before using it in your recipe. This will help keep your dough cold while you work with it, which is essential for creating a flaky texture.
Next, mix together your dry ingredients: flour, salt, sugar (if desired). Use a pastry blender or two knives to cut in the butter until pea-sized pieces form throughout the mixture. If using shortening instead of butter, use a fork to blend until crumbly.
Once all of your dry ingredients are mixed together evenly, add ice water one tablespoon at a time while stirring with a fork until everything comes together into one mass of dough that holds its shape when pressed between two fingers. Do not overmix! Too much handling will cause gluten strands to form which will result in tough dough instead of tender and flaky layers when baked.
Divide the dough into two equal parts and shape each part into discs about 1 inch thick before wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap or wax paper and refrigerating for at least 30 minutes before rolling out for use in pies or other recipes requiring pastry doughs such as tarts or quiches.
When ready to roll out your pastry doughs remove them from refrigerator 10 minutes prior so they become easier to work with without cracking apart too easily due to their cold temperature still being present within them even after being left outside room temperature for 10 minutes prior rolling out process begins . Roll each disc on lightly floured surface starting from center outwardly pushing down firmly yet gently as you go along making sure there is enough flour underneath so that disc does not stick onto surface . Roll each disc large enough so that they fit inside baking dish plus extra inch around edges . Once rolled , transfer carefully onto baking dish pressing down lightly around edges then trim off excess if needed . Prick bottom several times using fork then chill again inside refrigerator for another 15-20 minutes before filling up with desired filling & baking away !
By following these steps you should have perfectly formed pie crusts ready for whatever delicious fillings you choose! Enjoy!
7 Comfort Food Classics from Simply Recipes
1. Macaroni and Cheese: This classic comfort food is a favorite among children and adults alike. It’s easy to make, with just a few simple ingredients like macaroni, cheese, butter, and milk. The creamy sauce is made by melting the cheese into the butter-milk mixture before adding it to the cooked macaroni. Top with breadcrumbs for an extra crunchy texture!
2. Grilled Cheese Sandwich: A grilled cheese sandwich is a timeless classic that never goes out of style. All you need are two slices of bread, some butter or margarine, and your favorite type of cheese (cheddar works great). Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread before adding your desired amount of cheese in between them. Grill in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides!
3. Mashed Potatoes: Mashed potatoes are an easy way to get your daily dose of comfort food without too much effort! Start by boiling peeled potatoes until they’re tender enough to mash easily with a fork or potato masher; then add some milk or cream along with salt and pepper for flavor before mashing away! Serve hot as a side dish or top with gravy for an extra special treat!
4. Chicken Soup: Nothing says comfort quite like chicken soup! Start by sautéing onions and garlic in olive oil before adding diced carrots, celery stalks, chicken broth, bay leaves, thyme sprigs and diced chicken breasts (or thighs). Simmer everything together until the vegetables are tender; then season with salt & pepper to taste before serving hot in bowls topped with fresh parsley leaves if desired!
5. Chili: Chili is another great option when it comes to comforting meals that don’t take too long to prepare – all you need are ground beef (or turkey), canned tomatoes & beans (kidney beans work well), chili powder & other spices such as cumin & oregano plus onion & garlic if desired – simmer everything together until thickened then serve hot topped with shredded cheddar cheese & sour cream if desired!
6. Shepherd’s Pie: Shepherd’s pie is another classic comfort food that can be made quickly using leftover mashed potatoes from dinner last night – simply spread them over ground beef (or turkey) mixed together with cooked vegetables such as carrots & peas plus tomato paste for flavor; top off this savory dish by sprinkling grated cheddar cheese over it all before baking at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown on top!
7. Baked Apples: Baked apples make for an easy yet delicious dessert that can be enjoyed any time during cold winter months – start by coring out apples while leaving their skins intact; fill each apple cavity up halfway full with brown sugar mixed together cinnamon powder plus raisins/nuts/dried cranberries if desired; place filled apples onto baking sheet lined parchment paper then bake at 375°F for about 25 minutes or until soft when pierced through center using fork tines – serve warm topped off ice cream scooped vanilla bean ice cream if desired
The Best Grilling Tips from Simply Recipes
1. Prepare your grill: Before you start grilling, make sure to clean and oil the grates of your grill. This will help prevent sticking and ensure that your food cooks evenly.
2. Preheat: Preheating is essential for a successful cookout! Make sure to preheat your grill for at least 10 minutes before adding any food to it. This will help create an even cooking surface and ensure that all of the food is cooked properly.
3. Choose the right fuel: Charcoal or gas? The choice is yours! If you’re using charcoal, make sure to use high-quality briquettes or lump charcoal for best results. For gas grills, use propane or natural gas as directed by the manufacturer’s instructions on the tank label or user manual.
4. Monitor temperature: Temperature control is key when it comes to grilling success! Use a thermometer to monitor heat levels throughout cooking time and adjust accordingly if needed (adding more fuel, closing vents, etc.).
5. Keep it safe: Always keep safety in mind when grilling! Make sure that children are supervised around hot surfaces and open flames at all times; never leave a lit grill unattended; wear protective clothing such as long sleeves/pants/aprons; keep flammable materials away from heat sources; never add lighter fluid directly onto hot coals; always have a fire extinguisher nearby in case of emergency; and be aware of wind direction when lighting fires outdoors so smoke does not blow into neighbors’ homes or yards .
5 Delicious Desserts You Can Make with Just a Few Ingredients from Simply Recipes
1. Chocolate Chip Cookies: With just a few ingredients, you can make delicious chocolate chip cookies. All you need is butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda, salt and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Simply cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy before adding in the eggs and vanilla extract. Then add in the baking soda and salt before stirring in the chocolate chips. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350°F for a classic treat everyone will love!
2. Apple Crisp: This easy dessert requires only apples, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter to make an irresistible treat! Start by peeling and slicing your apples into thin slices before arranging them in a greased baking dish. In a separate bowl mix together the brown sugar with flour and cinnamon before sprinkling it over top of your apples. Finally dot with small pieces of butter before baking at 375°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top!
3. Banana Bread: This classic dessert is made with just five simple ingredients – bananas (the riper they are the better!), all-purpose flour, baking powder & soda, salt and melted butter – making it an easy go-to when you’re short on time or ingredients! Begin by mashing up your ripe bananas until smooth then add in all other ingredients except for melted butter which should be added last after everything else has been combined well together. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top!
4. No Bake Cheesecake: You don’t need to turn on your oven to enjoy this creamy no bake cheesecake that requires only graham crackers crumbs as its crust along with cream cheese softened to room temperature plus powdered sugar & heavy cream as its filling! To make this delicious dessert start by combining graham cracker crumbs with melted butter then pressing into a 9 inch springform pan lined with parchment paper; set aside while preparing filling mixture of softened cream cheese mixed together with powdered sugar & heavy cream until light & fluffy; pour over prepared crust then chill overnight or up to 8 hours before serving chilled topped off with fresh fruit if desired!
5 . Chocolate Mousse: A decadent yet surprisingly simple dessert that requires only three basic ingredients – dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa), egg whites & heavy whipping cream – making it perfect when you’re short on time but still want something special enough for company! Begin by melting dark chocolate either using double boiler method or microwave; once melted let cool slightly while beating egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold cooled melted chocolate into beaten egg whites followed by folding in whipped heavy cream gently but thoroughly; spoon mousse into individual dishes then chill overnight or up to 8 hours prior to serving chilled topped off fresh berries if desired
10 Vegetarian Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less with Simply Recipes
1. Vegetarian Chili: This hearty chili is made with black beans, bell peppers, and tomatoes and can be ready in just 25 minutes.
2. Veggie Fajitas: These fajitas are packed with flavor thanks to a combination of bell peppers, onions, garlic, and spices. Ready in just 20 minutes!
3. Eggplant Parmesan: This classic Italian dish is made with eggplant slices that are breaded and fried before being topped with marinara sauce and cheese for a delicious meal in 30 minutes or less.
4. Lentil Tacos: Lentils make an excellent meat substitute for tacos when combined with spices like cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, paprika and more! Ready in 25 minutes or less!
5. Mushroom Stroganoff: A creamy mushroom stroganoff is the perfect vegetarian dinner option that can be ready in just 20 minutes! Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
6. Vegetable Stir Fry: This stir fry combines your favorite vegetables like broccoli florets, carrots slices mushrooms and more for a flavorful meal that’s ready in under 30 minutes! Serve over rice or noodles for added texture and flavor.
7. Quinoa Bowls: Quinoa bowls are an easy way to get your daily dose of protein while also enjoying plenty of vegetables like bell peppers onions mushrooms spinach kale etc all cooked together into one delicious bowl that’s ready in under 30 minutes!
8 .Vegetable Curry : Enjoy the flavors of India without having to leave your kitchen by making this vegetable curry which combines potatoes cauliflower carrots peas tomatoes onion ginger garlic curry powder turmeric cumin coriander garam masala coconut milk etc all cooked together into one flavorful dish that’s ready within 30 minutes or less !
9 .Vegetarian Lasagna : Layer up lasagna noodles ricotta cheese mozzarella cheese spinach mushrooms zucchini tomato sauce etc all together into one delicious lasagna dish that’s sure to please everyone at the table ! Ready within 30 mins !
10 .Vegetarian Burrito Bowl : Enjoy Mexican flavors without having to leave home by making this burrito bowl which combines black beans corn salsa avocado lettuce tomato onion jalapeno pepper cilantro lime juice etc all cooked together into one flavorful bowl that’s sure to please everyone at the table ! Ready within 25 mins !
1. What is Simply Recipes?
Simply Recipes is a website and blog that provides recipes, cooking tips, and food-related stories. It was founded in 2003 by Elise Bauer and has since grown to become one of the most popular recipe websites on the internet.
2. What types of recipes does Simply Recipes offer?
Simply Recipes offers a wide variety of recipes for all occasions, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts, drinks and more. The site also features vegetarian and vegan options as well as gluten-free dishes.
3. How often does Simply Recipes update its content?
Simply Recipes updates its content daily with new recipes and cooking tips from around the world. The site also features seasonal recipe collections throughout the year to help you find inspiration for your next meal or gathering!
4. Does Simply Recipes have an app?
Yes! Simply Recipes has an app available for both iOS and Android devices that allows users to access their favorite recipes on the go! The app also includes helpful tools such as a shopping list feature so you can easily keep track of ingredients needed for upcoming meals or events.
5. Is there a cost associated with using Simply Recipes?
No – all content on SimplyRecipes is free to use without any cost associated with it! You can browse through thousands of delicious recipes without ever having to pay anything at all!
6. Does SimplyRecipes offer nutritional information about its recipes? Yes – each recipe page includes detailed nutritional information such as calories per serving size along with other important dietary facts like fat content or cholesterol levels so you can make informed decisions when planning your meals or snacks!
7 . Are there any special diets catered for by simplyrecipes ? Yes – simplyrecipes offers many special diet options including vegetarian/vegan dishes as well as gluten-free options so everyone can enjoy delicious meals regardless of their dietary restrictions or preferences!